The Excelsior was established by the Rockford Register Star in 1979, honors an organization or institution whose work has a positive impact on life in the Rock River Valley. The winning organization receives a plaque and check for $500.
The 2008 Finalist for the Excelsior Award are:
- Alzheimer’s Association – Fighting a growing health challenge
- American Red Cross – Always there in times of crisis
- Barbara Olson Center of Hope – Focused on bringing out their abilities
- On the Waterfront- Reaping benefits all year long
- Rockford Sexual Assualt Counseling – Passionately caring for the victims
Thanks to all those who nominated us!