From the front lines to the home front, the American Red Cross provides service members, their families and veterans with the care and assistance they need.
The Red Cross is partnering with Pitney Bowes this holiday season for the Holiday Mail for Heroes campaign. For the second year in a row, we’re collecting holiday cards to distribute to American service members, veterans and their families in the United States and around the world. Pitney Bowes is generously donating technology, resources and postage to make this holiday card program possible.
Our goal is to collect and distribute one million holiday cards to spread holiday cheer and facilitate thanks to these brave individuals and families.
Please send cards to this address, following the guidelines listed below:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
You can also:
- Download and print a free card.
- Learn about other ways to participate.
- Get the latest news about Holiday Mail for Heroes.
- Watch a video from Red Cross Celebrity Cabinet Member Dr. Phil.
Please follow these guidelines when mailing a card to ensure that your card will quickly reach service members, veterans and their families. Every card received will first be screened for hazardous materials by Pitney Bowes and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working in one of 16 sorting stations around the country.
- All cards must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, December 10, 2008. Cards sent after this date will be returned to sender.
- Please ensure that all cards are signed.
- Please send cards as opposed to long letters which delay a quick review process.
- Please do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Please do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Participants should limit the number of cards they submit to 25 from any one person or 50 from any one class or group.
- All cards received may be used in program publicity efforts, including appearing in broadcast, print or online mediums.
For more information on Holiday Mail for Heroes go to www.redcross.org/holidaymail