4 Out Of 5 Americans Are Unaware That Home Fires Are The Most Common Disaster Threat. Preparedness is your best defense against deadly fires. Use these checklists to make your home safe and prepare your family.
To prevent fires before they start:
- Never leave burning candles unattended
- Keep fuel (paper, clothing, bedding) at least three feet away from heat sources
To stay safe from fires:
- Create a home fire escape plan
- Practice your plan at least twice a year
- Install smoke alarms and escape ladders
- Replace smoke alarm batteries at least once a year
- Purchase and learn how to use fire extinguishers safely
Visit www.rockriver.redcross.org today to learn more.