- 80% of Cardiac Arrests happen in the home
- Only 6.4% of Cardiac Arrest Victims survive because people witnessing the incident do not know CPR
- Over 200,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest every year.
- 50,000 of the 200,000 deaths yearly could be prevented
- For Every minute that an AED is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
- Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes.Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over.If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
Call (815) 963-8471 and sign up for a CPR class today! Or visit our website at www.rockriver.redcross.org